Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Boy, Do I Think Too Much Before Sleeping!

Lying on my bed, waiting for sweet slumber to take over, I find myself thinking about my friend's dilemma. Talking about her boy trouble was the last conversation I had before I decided to hit the sack.

Just lately, my girl friends were having boy troubles, and trying to help them somehow feels like directing a drama written in a language I don't understand. I feel like I know how it should go, but in reality, I simply have no idea! I haven't had much experience in terms of the heart, and my feeble wisdom on the subject comes mostly from the fiction I read. I'm a novice trying to coach a team in the big league.

"I'm married to my friends", that's what we always say. We are a tight group of friends who claim that we are enough for each other, but I know that time will come when we would finally open our doors to other people for a more intimate commitment. And although our bond would remain intact, our little group would probably have to take a back seat for some. I know this and I've prepared myself for it. It might get to the ones left behind, but we'll surely come to terms with it. My friends mean so much to me and I won't take it against them because I don't want to hold them back. That's why even with my lack of experience and the prospect of that inevitable-but-a-little-unwanted future, I try to help out with their problems of the heart.


I really want things to get better for them. I want them to experience something that I feel is long overdue for people as lovely and amazing as my soul siblings. I want them to feel how it is to love and be loved, and maybe how it is to get your heart broken too. I want them to realize how they deserve nothing but the best, and that compromising is never an option. I want them to feel the rush of a budding love affair and taste the bittersweet fruit that's out of my reach.

I'm not gonna pretend that I'm not hoping to hitch a ride on the love train, but right now it's my best friends' turn to get on. And although I'll still be stuck at the station waiting, I want to make sure that they enjoy the ride and get off at the next stop in one piece. So whether they ask for it or not, I'll be here to share my honest opinion and point out their blind spots. I'll be here to cheer them on when they need it or give them a good smacking when they let things get out of control, because that's what friends do. And no matter where I am or what I'm doing, they can always count on me to be one.

7 comments:

  1. this should be published in a newspaper or gazette. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. frans! submit this to sunstar! :D if you won't can i do it for you? :D hahaha i love this!!! you are truly one selfless and loyal friend! :D -UNCLE O

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha! Uncle O!! That would be nice, but extremely embarrassing! It's not that good a piece. :P

    Anyway, thanks for appreciating. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is! :D you're way too humble! nadawat man gani to akong crappy piece frans :D hehe btaw, no forcing! pero, i have the instinct that a lot of people can relate to this, and will love it after the first read!!! :D yup, it's that good, for me personally! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hahaha! Thanks, Uncle O. Supportive jud kau ka. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. whiteliesandsunstardaily.blogspot.com
    LOL

    ReplyDelete