Sunday, April 8, 2012

Weekend Cooking

When I'm not busy or feeling lazy, cooking is one of the things I enjoy doing. Yesterday, while I was bored and hungry, I decided to make Champorado. But instead of the usual cook-and-serve, I decided to have a little fun and tried to make it more appealing. I served it on a special dish, and sprinkled it with milk powder, trying hard to make it look more than what it really is. I'm not sure if I succeeded on my attempt, but I can assure you that the taste was a sure hit.


This afternoon, I had the chance to do a little baking, so I whipped up some muffins. I don't know what is it with me and muffins, but I'm so obsessed with them! Maybe it's because their flavor is never too overpowering, or because they go well with coffee. Either way, it's one of my favorite pastries. Today I made Chocolate Chip & Almond Muffins. I still can't get it to look the way I want it to, so I guess I'll have to practice some more. It tastes good though. I just can't get it to peak higher. Bummer.

The kitchen has always provided me a temporary escape, but now it's all over and Monday morning's drawing near. I will have to get back on my horse for another week of toil, but I know there's always the weekend to look forward to, and for that I'm glad.

1 comment: