Saturday, June 16, 2012

Day 18: Whom do I admire the most?

I know what you're thinking. Still doing the challenge? Well, I can't just quit on Day 17. I have to finish this thing no matter how long it would take. Oh, and this just might be the first and last blogging challenge I might take on by the way. I've come to the conclusion that 30-day challenges can be quite a pain in the ass. Anyway, to set the slow ball rolling, here's Day 18.

If I have to answer this in strict terms and choose someone I know in real life, my answer would be my parents. Yeah, yeah, I know. I glorify my parents too much. So to spare you from all the cliches that could only come from a doting child, I'm going to pick someone from a different world instead.

For those who love books and fiction, I'm sure there's that one character who stands out and stays with you for the rest of your life. For me, that character is Susan "Stargirl" Caraway. The quirky yet fascinating girl from Jerry Spinelli's imagination embodied the kind of person I wish to be. She's funky, cool, and very um...well, different. The best part is she doesn't even care! And although falling in love caused her to dim her light, she finds a way to get up and shine even brighter.

"She was elusive. She was today. She was tomorrow. She was the faintest scent of a cactus flower, the flitting shadow of an elf owl. We did not know what to make of her. In our minds we tried to pin her to a corkboard like a butterfly, but the pin merely went through and away she flew."

No comments:

Post a Comment