Sunday, June 17, 2012

Fashion Woes

Along with music, fashion is one of the things I love that doesn't love me back. I have a tiny frame that makes it close to impossible for me to find good fitting clothes, least of all fashionable ones. I go to malls and thrift shops only to find myself disappointed at the lack of smaller sizes. I even check out fashion blogs and get frustrated at the lack of tips for pint-sized fashionistas. Whoever said that the smaller ones have it easy in terms of fashion definitely did not have a munchkin boy like me in mind.

Most of the time when I do find something good though, one more factor sets me back. Price tags. As if finding one that fits wasn't bad enough! It's the most frustrating bit, really. It's like finally figuring out where the cookie jar is kept, and finding that it's way out of your reach. *sigh* So I settle with whatever I could find that fits me and my tight budget.

I know fashion should be the least of my concerns, but sometimes it feels good to look good. That's why when I do have a little extra cash to spend, I don't mind getting a shirt for more than its worth (just as long as it does not exceed my shirt limit of P500). And sometimes, when I'm feeling artsy and experimental, I take out old clothes that don't fit and cut them as I desire. They don't always turn out great as I suck at sewing, but they do end up being good enough to wear.

Last summer. Green tank top and cuffed denim bermuda shorts cut from clothes that don't fit me.

Someday, I wish I could find a store that meets my fashion needs with reasonable prices. A store made specially for tiny people like me who mostly wears laid back clothing, but likes to dress up once in a while. Or if that's too much to ask, I could settle for a good capital to get a shop like that up and running.

No comments:

Post a Comment