Monday, November 16, 2009

Goodnight My Someone (July 4, 2007)

As I drink my coffee in the dark corner of the room, I can't help but entertain a recurring thought. You.

You've always been on my mind and I don't know why. We haven't spoken, haven't touched, haven't kissed. We haven't even met yet! But I just can't stop thinking about you. About how I know I'll never get to meet you. I've talked to some of my friends about this and they seemed to agree when I told them how sad it'd be to not ever be able to meet you. To not ever be able to see your face, hold your hand, or dance with you in the rain. I really don't know why but I just know you won't be there. You won't be there to wake me up in the morning & greet me with a loving smile on your face. You won't be there to calm me down when I can't take all the pressures in life. You won't be there to kiss me goodnight & wish me sweet dreams. You won't be there to hold my wrinkly hand as we grow old. I know it's weird to be writing to you when I firmly believe that I'm never gonna see you. I don't know. Maybe I'm doing this because despite my certainty of not being able to meet you, I'm hoping. Hoping that one day you'd prove me wrong. Hoping that with one crazy twist of fate, you'll find me (or I you).

Maybe we won't be able to meet.

Maybe you won't be able to read this.

Maybe you don't even exist.

But I'm hoping.

No comments:

Post a Comment