Tuesday, November 24, 2009

The Things I Learned From Musicals

While going through some of my stuff, I found my big green notebook that was supposed to be my Journal. I filled it with dedications from my friends, a few sketches, a short story and some notes. Of course, it would've been nice if I'd continued using that notebook the way I intended to, but somehow I forgot about it. What with all the stuff that had went on this year, I was bound to neglect its very existence. Anyway, as I went through the pages of my pretty green notebook, I came across a list. A list that made me smile. A list of the things I learned from musicals.

It's a pretty stupid list, but I thought of sharing it anyway. Especially since the inspiration for this list was found somewhere in the crazy world of the world wide web as well. And, well, I've revised some of it from the one in my journal, but it's pretty much the same list. Here goes.

  1. No one mourns the wicked.
  2. Celebrated heads of states or great communicators didn't have brains or knowledge. They were popular.
  3. A home is where the heart is meant to be.
  4. The sun will come out tomorrow.
  5. It's a hard-knock life.
  6. Without me, the world will go on turning.
  7. In the darkness the trees are full of starlight.
  8. Happiness is anything and anyone that's loved by you.
  9. Some philosophies take a lifetime, others take a minute.
  10. Careful the things you say. Children will listen.
  11. Even flowers have their dangers.
  12. There's a fine line between love and a waste of time.
  13. Everyone's a little bit racist.
  14. On the other side of the earth, there's a place where life still has worth.
  15. Sir Lancelot is gay.
  16. Always look on the bright side of life.
  17. Somewhere, there's a place for us.
  18. The world is full of light, with suns and moons all over the place.
  19. Without love, life is rock and roll without a drummer.
  20. You can't stop the beat.
  21. Dreams really do come true, you never have to compromise.
  22. With every ending comes a new beginning.
  23. You can fake your way to the top.
  24. If we wanna see that morning of a brighter day, the only way is to walk in peace.
  25. 525,600 minutes make up a year.
  26. A tiger in a cage can never see the sun.
  27. Who needs a big bright beautiful world?
  28. Sometimes being a fairy tale creature sucks pine sap!
  29. Demons will charm with a smile, for a while.
  30. Neverland is at the star second to the left and straight on 'til morning. Or was it second to right and straight on 'til morning?


No comments:

Post a Comment