Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Get Up and Go

From the moment God granted man the gift of rationality, the Homo sapiens have come to develop a curious knack for waiting for the right timing of things. Primarily because it has been proven that waiting for the right time brings about the sweetest fruit. So we reason, we calculate, we infer, and we no longer rely on basic instinct to just go ahead and do what we please. We delay doing things, believing that timing is everything. But the thing is we can’t always tell when the right time is. Not everything can be calculated or timed. Sometimes it’s all up to us.

Waiting can be rewarding, it’s true. But sometimes we keep on waiting for the right time to come, not knowing that we have the power to make any time the right one. So we end up waiting for something that may never come. Then time steps in to ebb our interest, wither our hope, and make us forget. And that’s when we realize that the right time might have just passed us by. Leaving us bitter with regret because we know there’s nothing we can do about it.

I have recently come upon things that helped me comprehend the importance of getting up and just doing things. You see, I’m the kind of person who would like to think of myself as an artist. But what is an artist if not someone who creates beautiful art? I have spent the past year setting aside my leisure pursuit for drawing and stuff, so I thought that maybe I was starting to lose the right of calling myself as one. I have been so busy and decided to let my art wait. Thinking that there would be a right time to get back to it. But after a year of art hiatus, I have realized that maybe there wasn’t any other time to do it but now. That I just had to take a leap of faith and trust that everything would turn out okay. And so I did. I’m glad I did.

As of the moment, I’m still struggling a little to regain my flair, but so far things are looking good. I’m so glad I did what I did, and oh boy, was it about time I did! I’ve been so close to forgetting how much I love drawing! Good call, huh? I could have let a part of me die without me knowing. Anyway, I am quite certain that this is just the first of many to come. There’s still a lot of things that I know couldn’t wait to happen. And I’m sure as hell going to do my best to make sure that they do.

So before you decide to wait for the right time, ask yourself: Can NOW be the right time for this? Don’t hurry. Take your time and think hard. Because if the answer is yes, then you are going to have to just do it. You give it your all and you don’t back down. Because there’s no day like today and this just might be the only time to do it.


Is it the right time for me to try something new? Is it the right time to speak up? Is it the right time to give back? Hmm. I think it is.

No comments:

Post a Comment