Sunday, January 22, 2012

Day 1: A photo that makes me happy.

To try and explain why this photo makes me happy would risk understatement. How could you look at it and say that it can't make a person happy? This is a prime example of how a picture can paint a thousand words. Apart from the obvious uncontrived spontaneity of us falling down, it captures the essence of the friendship I share with these people. Fun. Candid. Close.

Whenever I find myself missing my Burkies, I take a quick look at this photo, and instantly I find myself transported to a time when we were young, carefree, and virtually inseparable. I smile at the idea that at one point in our lives, a problem meant not knowing where to eat for lunch or which room would we hang out in. Life is catching up on us, and now we're facing real problems, and alone most of the time. This Kodak (not really) moment, however, still brings the same kind of joy it once did, albeit tinged with longing and melancholia.

My friends and I still catch up every now and then, but traditions have been harder to keep, and simple get-togethers now need careful planning. I miss them, and I miss the way we were, but I guess we all have to grow up sometime. I take comfort in the fact though that even if we're growing up apart from each other, we still remain the best of friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment