Sunday, January 1, 2012

Words from the Master


I hope that in this year to come, you make mistakes.

Because if you are making mistakes, then you are making new things, trying new things, learning, living, pushing yourself, changing yourself, changing your world. You're doing things you've never done before, and more importantly, you're Doing Something.

So that's my wish for you, and all of us, and my wish for myself. Make New Mistakes. Make glorious, amazing mistakes. Make mistakes nobody's ever made before. Don't freeze, don't stop, don't worry that it isn't good enough, or it isn't perfect, whatever it is: art, or love, or work or family or life.

Whatever it is you're scared of doing, Do it.

Make your mistakes, next year and forever.

- Neil Gaiman, My New Year Wish

2 comments:

  1. Hi Cis! Love your post! Looking back, 2011 I made a big mistake, a mistake that made a big difference in life, a mistake that turned into a great blessing. Indeed your right, for this year I'm looking forward in making another mistake, something new, something unique and something fresh! Have a blast of 2012! I won't be scared and I will push myself to the limit this time. Take care! See you soon.. =)

    Krystal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Tal! Just read your comment. Hehe. Contrary to popular belief, life isn't a big ball of glass that breaks when dropped, but rather a rubber ball that bounces back. Mistakes make life interesting, and teaches us lessons that we only learn by making them. I know 2012 has good things in store for you. Keep looking up! :)

      Delete