Friday, January 27, 2012

Day 6: A song that makes me cry (or nearly).

Considering how emotional I am, there are probably quite a number of songs that I've listened and cried to. When the words and melody go together in a way that tugs on my heartstrings, expect me to turn into such a sissy. This goes without saying that to name one song is quite hard. Especially since I have filed these songs in categories according to how they make me feel. Like when I listen to my playlist of religious songs, I can't help but tear up at the realization that I am not as a good a person as I hoped I'd be.

However, if there's one song that's sure to get to me, it would be this. Someone's Waiting For You from The Rescuers used to be my favorite song as a kid. It is also the very same song that my mom would sing to me when I'm sick. She sang it to me when I was in the hospital for dengue and wouldn't stop crying from the endless needle pricking, and again when I was scared to go under the knife to have my inflamed appendix removed. I won't offer any guarantee of tears when it plays, but it will always remind me of the most trying times in my life with my mom beside me, helping me to get through.

No comments:

Post a Comment