Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Day 4: Something I am OC about.

There are plenty that I'm OCD about, but I can't think of much right now. Here are the first three that came to mind though. Let this be enough for now.

1. Hands and Feet. I cannot stand having my hands and feet dirty. Sometimes I go crazy thinking about it, and could hardly focus on anything else. One time, while wearing dorsal foot-baring espadrilles, a colleague accidentally brushed the dirty sole of his shoe on my right foot. I had it so bad that I could no longer concentrate on the meeting, and was cursing him in my head for not being careful. Haha! Other times, I'm okay with it though.

2. Notebook/Sketchbook. This one I'm starting to get over with. I used to be so OC when it comes to my notebooks and sketchbooks. One mistake, one tear, one stain on its perceived perfection, and I can no longer look at it the same way. I would get all lackadaisical about it. Sometimes I wouldn't even want to look at it because I am reminded of how "ugly" it has become. Yeah, I'm weird like that. I have been trying to look at things differently as of late though. I have been trying to convince myself that flaws give them character, and somehow I can see that it's beginning to work.

3. Books. I have great love for my books. I take very good care of them, and so I expect anyone who borrows one to do the same. If you borrow a book from me and return it in bad shape, expect me to not look at you in the same way again. It kills me to inflict damage on someone else's book, so I can't see why anyone would treat mine like a piece of trash. I can only take very minimal creases on the spine, the kind that's barely visible. Anything bigger than that will surely get the crazy wheels in my head to start running.

Forgive me for such a hasty post. Remember when I said that time will be my biggest foe in this challenge? Well, it's only the fourth day, and yet it's beginning to gain advantage. No worries though. I will get through this. Aja!

No comments:

Post a Comment